Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Resistor value

On Mon, 07 Oct 2019 18:11:49 +0100, Jeff Layman wrote:

On 07/10/2019 17:32, Tim+ wrote:
This is the resistor from my macbook power supply.

It *look* to me to be black, orange, white (or grey), silver, brown.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZDY1qe8L3xKc4JBG8

I thought it would be easy to calculate the value but I think it falls
into a special category (5 bands, fourth band silver) so I'm not
confident about deciding it.

What is it?

Tim

What are the colours? it not sane to have the first band as black=0

it *ought* to be 39 ohms 5% 100ppm/°k But I would have expected that to
be orange white black silver brownm.

https://www.arrow.com/en/research-an...esistor-color-

code

Silver tolerance is 10%, not 5%. Other than that, agreed it's as you
say.

The silver isn't a tolerance. It's a multiplier.