Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peeler[_4_] Peeler[_4_] is offline

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 07:08:22 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Not knowing the circuit I could not comment further. I had a dell go down,
reason? Damaged cable from the psu to the laptop, it could be seen where
it had melted near the power plug on the computer itself, I imagine psus
do not like a sudden short across their output and something will give.

The best designed ones handle that fine.

Oh, shut, you auto-contradicting senile ASSHOLE!

However you need to get yourself a meter and check a few things.
If I could see, I'd probably first decide if its a switch mode or not.

They all are now.

Shut it, finally, you auto-contradicting senile ASSHOLE!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID: