Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Makita Track Saw: Tail or no tail?

On 10/6/2019 4:00 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, October 5, 2019 at 2:47:26 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Food for thought. I have never worn out a battery operated tool however
the batteries have all given out eventually and the replacements are
often not available.

I have a cordless drill from 1993. Bosch 12 volt. Its batteries died ten or so years ago. I easily found a place on the internet that rebuilt the batteries. Fairly cheap price too. Like $50-60 total for two batteries. So your fear of not being able to find replacement batteries is completely false. As long as you don't completely lose the batteries, you can easily get them rebuilt as good as new.

Actually when I had old technology batteries it was relatively easy to
have the batteries replaced/rebuilt.

The thing you can not do these days with modern Lithium Ion batteries is
find a rebuilder that will rebuild these type batteries.

Since the Op is talking about a NEW track saw it is highly unlikely to
find a decent on with the old battery technology.