Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Resistor value

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 07/10/2019 17:48, Tim+ wrote:
On Monday, October 7, 2019 at 5:45:42 PM UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 07/10/2019 17:32, Tim+ wrote:
This is the resistor from my macbook power supply.

It *look* to me to be black, orange, white (or grey), silver, brown.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZDY1qe8L3xKc4JBG8

I thought it would be easy to calculate the value but I think it falls
into a special category (5 bands, fourth band silver) so I'm not
confident about deciding it.

What is it?

Tim

What are the colours? it not sane to have the first band as black=0

Maybe I've read them in reverse? Anyhow, I *did* post a link to a picture...

Tim

I cant tell if the bands are white or silver and whether the end band is
red or brown.

Cameras are not that hot on colour sometimes

Second one down from the top is definitely silver. Top band looks brown to
me but Im no expert at reading these.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls