Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default Dangers of wimmin drivers at petrol stations

In article ,
Richard wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
This example perfectly illustrates Den's difficulty. He and Our Dave
and others imagine that "standards" refers to, and ONLY refers to,
"higher/lower quality".

You think standardising wire colours effect the quality of a product? Is
red PVC a better insulator than black, then?
Or are you simply talking ****e again?

No. He thinks that *you* can't think and in effect are thinking ****e again.

Good response. For you.

Thank you.

Now try reading and understanding the thread. If
you can.

I did the first time. I will break it into small bits for you to get
your thinking gear around:
Tim responds to Steve's:
Correct. The EU will not accept goods with a black live and a white
neutral and the US will not accept a brown live and blue neutral. Some
stardards are simply different and you cannot design and manufacture
something that satisfies both.

Of course voltage and frequency are also different, units of
measurement, each country bans certain chemicals, etc.
/q

with this:
This example perfectly illustrates Den's difficulty. He and Our Dave
and others imagine that "standards" refers to, and ONLY refers to,
"higher/lower quality". As you point out "standards" can simply be
"different but mandatory".
/q

Nowhere in there is the slightest suggestion that, to quote you, "..