Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael[_24_] Michael[_24_] is offline

Default Makita Track Saw: Tail or no tail?

On Saturday, October 5, 2019 at 2:47:26 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 10/4/2019 10:57 PM, Michael wrote:
My first inclination is, except for a drill driver, to use corded tools because I like having good power all the time. But maybe for this tool I should re-think that. I'm going to use it for now to cut OSB for a flooring project and then later I expect to break down plywood sheets. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Thanks!

The only electric tool in my shop with out a tail is a drill.

Food for thought. I have never worn out a battery operated tool however
the batteries have all given out eventually and the replacements are
often not available.

Corded tools do not have this issue.

If you think you will actually use the track saw enough to wear the tool
out, not the battery, and have no issue with waiting for a battery to
recharge in the middle of a project, go cordless.

Or if you need to use the tool where 120 volt is not available,,,,

I'm with you Leon. I woke up this morning and decided I've always used cords and that's just how I work.

Appreciate the input from others!