Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thunderbird, blocking cross posts

On 06/10/2019 17:33, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 05/10/2019 22:17, John Rumm wrote:
Just in case anyone else is tired of wading through the irrelevant
cross posted stuff, here is a method for blocking cross posts in
Thunderbird:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ng_cross_posts

Try it (yes, it works), but I did find that you have to drop and
resubscribe for Thunderbird to take notice of the filter, once created.
Though that could be my Thunderbird is borked.

It doesn't apply to existing posts on a newsgroup (at least for me) but
it does kill any new posts that trigger the kill rule.

(So I've just reset uk.d-i-y, and lost a good lot of past threads.. so
don't do the above lightly)

The other thing to watch is ticking "Match any of the following" is
essential.

Targetting User-agent as well decreases the risk of false positives.

I miss wild cards on Thunderbird filters

--
Regards,
Martin Brown