Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Filling up gravity central heating

On Sun, 06 Oct 2019 16:12:03 +0100, Andrew wrote:

On 06/10/2019 15:06, newshound wrote:
On 06/10/2019 13:00, ARW wrote:
The water to the header tank was turned off and the system drained
down.

Swapped the mid position vale and it will now not fill back up.

The odd thing is the header tank did not drain off - it was still full
when I went to turn the water on.

Suggestions?

--

Adam

Airlock.

No CH when I was a kid, but a routine at home every time a hot water
tap washer had to be changed was to connect a hose between hot and cold
water taps in the bathroom, and turn both on.

+1,

except that both those taps would be fed from the same tank so should
have equal pressure.

Connecting the kitchen cold tap fed from incoming mains to a hot tap
would be more like it.

Doesn't work with the header tank, though.