Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Why do LEDs generate heat?

On 05/10/2019 22:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 05 Oct 2019 22:15:34 +0100, AlexK wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news

Direct drive motors are interesting - I once had a very cheap turntable
that said "direct drive", so I guess it's not always a good thing?

There's a big difference between a turntable motor and
one in a top loading washing machine which needs to
do a variety of different things when washing, adjitating
and spin drying at different speeds.

I know.* Which makes me think it's important for a washing machine.* But
on a turntable, it has to be a very precise speed or the music sounds
****.* It's the last place I'd think of putting one.

Actually I think I remembered wrong, the cheap stereo might have said
"belt drive" on the front.* Direct drive could have been the decent one.

My Sony direct drive turntable bought in 1982 is still in working order
- except that the lid doesn't stay up. If it had been belt drive I
expect the belt would have perished by now. (My Marantz cassette deck,
bought in 1987 hasn't fared so well.)

--
Max Demian