Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding

Default Fast, Inexpensive, Strong Drawers

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
"Jim Wilkins" on Fri, 4 Oct 2019
18:01:54 -0400

I looked at roll away bottom cabinets as an option under the
bench,
but they are either way to light duty, don't have drawer
configurations that I like, or way to expensive.

I built a rolling storage rack for heavy stuff using surplus roller
slides for 19" relay racks, with angle iron uprights and shelves cut
from exterior-wall steel stud remnants. The slides are for
electronic
equipment that could be quite heavy; my 1970's RF spectrum analyzer
weighs 60 lbs.

The shelves can be moved by drilling new holes in the uprights. If
you
find surplus relay racks and cut them down you can use the
pre-drilled
mounting holes.

Hmmm, I have this collection of Hollywood bed frames. All that
angle iron, just setting there ...

--
pyotr filipivich

Bed frames may be recycled railroad rails, with a higher carbon
content that makes them stronger but tricky to work with.

http://evolution.skf.com/us/the-art-...-train-tracks/