Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Makita Track Saw: Tail or no tail?

On 10/4/2019 10:57 PM, Michael wrote:
My first inclination is, except for a drill driver, to use corded
tools because I like having good power all the time. But maybe for this
tool I should re-think that. I'm going to use it for now to cut OSB for
a flooring project and then later I expect to break down plywood sheets.
Does anyone have thoughts on this?

I don't know if even make a track version, but I've been extremely
impressed with the DeWalt cordless saw the contractors (both general for
framing, etc., and the hardwood flooring installer for repair) had.

I "borrowed" one over a weekend the flooring installer left and other
than the safety interlock on the switch that I couldn't reach easily (I
do have small hands that I would have to bypass to use as own) and found
it as good as it appeared watching.