Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dangers of wimmin drivers at petrol stations

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
Change 2 (permanent installation): Red, Blue, Yellow became Brown,
Black, Grey with Neutral going from Black to Blue

That's the big one - very easy to confuse an old blue live in a terminal
box and a new blue neutral. As mentioned elsewhere, confusion between a
black and a grey, due to colour changes over time, dirt or poor lighting
are another problem.

Given we live by exporting, why make things difficult for cable
manufacturers having to provide different spec cable colours for each
country?

Any local problems with unifying colours is transitory.

I'm quite open to the suggestion that the actual colours used now may not
be ideal. But I'm sure lots of thought went into that process. And not
just a gut reaction.

--
*Frankly, scallop, I don't give a clam

Dave Plowman London SW