Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Fast, Inexpensive, Strong Drawers

On Friday, October 4, 2019 at 1:24:33 PM UTC-7, Bob La Londe wrote:

... I want drawers from the bench
top to about 3 inches above the floor from end to end. No. not a 54'
long drawer. LOL. Banks of drawers, to eliminate all my roll away tool
boxes and sort a lot of tools with their related parts. ie: Snap rings
with snap ring tools, etc...

My preference would be for the inexpensive 'shoebox' plastic bins, on
shelves, but if you want drawers: figure on three different sizes.
Deep 'uns for power tools, shallow 'uns for watch-repair goods, and
something inbetween.

Then think if you can substitute plastic-drawer-set things for the small size,
and muse on the appropriate depth of drawers for assorted fasteners...

Anyhow, that's why I haven't wanted to make a big drawer cabinet: it's
too easy to buy one that doesn't quite fit, or adapt the mass-produced
options. And, impossible to imagine a system that works much better.

Maybe your imagination is better than mine.