Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Home forklift?

"Davej" wrote in message
I guess that is the question: How much weight? I guess like to be
able
to handle anything a pallet jack can handle, so maybe 5000lbs. Maybe
the cheap and simple answer is a pallet jack, a good lever bar, and
whole stack of 2x6 lumber.

2" planks get knocked out of place too easily when you add more on
top, and can be difficult to realign without risking a hand under the
load. My cribbing collection for jacking up small buildings is mainly
4x6 and 6x6 deck post cutoffs from a contractor's junk pile and the
lower quality 6x6 cants from my sawmill. An oak 6" x 6" x 8' is the
heaviest I want to handle by myself.