Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Will toilet bowl cleaner damage a sink or bathtub?

On Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 1:44:06 PM UTC-4, Holly L Godfrey wrote:
replying to nestork, Holly L Godfrey wrote:
Nestork, i.used lysol toilet bowl cleaner on my sinks and bath and although it
made them whiter than they've ever been, there is an awful metallic smell
coming out of the drains now and it is not going away. I used baking soda and
vinegar to try to neutralize it and that has worked well in the past for other
odors but not this metallic one. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ub-813788-.htm

Wow, another lazarus post.

Yes, acid in the drains can react with organic slime in the pipes and produce a horrible smell. It happened to me once with the leftover acid after a tile job.

Just run lots of water through and it goes away.