Travis Jordan

Default Moving An Electrical Plug

Michael Roback wrote:
I am doing a remodel and needed to move an electrical outlet box (4S
Box) up as it was too close to the vanity top. It it wired with
romex. When I moved it I merely unscrewed the box from the stud and
pushed it up about 1-2" and then refastened it. I did not undo the
box connector and pull the romex through. In order to move it this
way, I had to push the romex into the middle of the stud bay and kind
of bend it around a bit. In other words I couldn't just push the
romex up and keep it straight. I guess it was stapled to the stud
somewhere above. I am wondering if this added bit of pressure on
the box/connector is in any way a problem. I have already put a
drywall patch on it and put the first coat of mud. I guess I thought
that if I did it this way and ever wanted to move that box, I would
have some romex in the wall? It is going behind tile so it will be
hard to get to unless the tile is removed. Any advice? It is kind
of bugging me. I don't really want to redo but will if I need to.

Not a problem; don't worry about it at all. You should see the way
romex is bent behind some wallboards!