Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Other electrical apprentices and my next door neighbour

On Thursday, 3 October 2019 17:31:28 UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, 3 October 2019 17:26:41 UTC+1, Another John wrote:
My neighbour did the same trick to his Flymo shortening the cable
somewhat and had made himself a Jesus lead with a plug on each end.

Point of information, yer honour: what's a Jesus lead?

Also known as a widowmaker - a lead with a plug on each end.

When one plug is inserted into a live socket, the other plug has mains voltage on its exposed pins.

This causes you to exclaim "Jesus!" before going to meet him.

Very handy if you want to run your house off a portable generator.