Posted to uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Why do LEDs generate heat?

On Thu, 03 Oct 2019 18:20:05 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Commander Kinsey
wrote:

On Thu, 03 Oct 2019 17:42:16 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Commander Kinsey
wrote:

that on the instructions. I guess there's IR in sunlight so plants maybe
make
use of it.

IR: also known as 'heat'.

Surely not required for the plants, as the room is heated by a greenhouse
heater. Or do they insist on absorbing some through radiant energy?

Go stand in the Sun and see if you absorb heat through radiant energy.

I do, but I don't need it. We can be in a warm room and be comfortable without any radiant heat. Are plants not the same?