Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Other electrical apprentices and my next door neighbour

On Thursday, 3 October 2019 17:26:41 UTC+1, Another John wrote:
My neighbour did the same trick to his Flymo shortening the cable
somewhat and had made himself a Jesus lead with a plug on each end.

Point of information, yer honour: what's a Jesus lead?

Also known as a widowmaker - a lead with a plug on each end.

When one plug is inserted into a live socket, the other plug has mains voltage on its exposed pins.

This causes you to exclaim "Jesus!" before going to meet him.

Owain