Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default source for used lathe

4fingersleft wrote:

I've been looking for a (reasonably priced) used lathe for several years now. When one shows up on Craigslist it's usually overpriced for its current state (no motor, bad bearings...). I don't have much stamina to look at garage or estate sales generally and most ads around here don't usually list woodworking equipment, newspaper ads are extinct. So where do ya'll find used power tools?

Harbor Freight has a pretty servicable lathe for around $350 (look for
a coupon!)

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-inc...ead-34706.html

You'll need to spend another $20 on Amazon to buy a replacement drive
spur, the one that's included is junk.

Standard 1"x8 TPI thread on the headstock and standard MT2 taper on both
headstock and tailstock. Don't buy a lathe that doesn't use standard
sizes, you're just setting yourself up for "I can't buy that awesome
accessory" sadness.

Puckdropper