Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car wiper blade arm hard to remove

In article ,
Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Michael Chare wrote:
The wiper blade arm on my car is very hard to remove from the motor
spindle, possibly because that part of the arm is aluminium and the
spindle is steel. Would greasing the spindle be wise and would it make
much difference waht grease I used?

I have a threaded balljoint/track rod end puller that does this job on
cars we've had. Oddly, it bent when I tried to use it on an actual
balljoint.

Often happens with pullers. Best way is usually to tighten them only so
far, apply heat, and whack them with a hammer.

--
*When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.