Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Car wiper blade arm hard to remove

On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 10:44:37 +0100, "Dan S. MacAbre"
wrote:

Michael Chare wrote:
The wiper blade arm on my car is very hard to remove from the motor
spindle, possibly because that part of the arm is aluminium and the
spindle is steel.* Would greasing the spindle be wise and would it make
much difference waht grease I used?

I have a threaded balljoint/track rod end puller that does this job on
cars we've had. Oddly, it bent when I tried to use it on an actual
balljoint.

Tighten and tap (on a track rod type balljoint, not a wiper arm,
although you can if you are careful). ;-)

I can remember years ago we had a puncture on a boat trailer tyre and
Dad got me to get the car scissor jack out to lift / hold it up.

I started to apply some pressure but felt it was 'wrong', the scissors
were too flat and it wasn't starting to open so I stopped and
expressed my reservations re going any further. Dad took over, carried
on turning when we heard a loud 'bang' from the welds on the jack and
that was now broken. To be fair to him, I was just a lad but he was
more of a carpenter and I probably had more 'mechanical sympathy',
even then. ;-)

Cheers, T i m