Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car wiper blade arm hard to remove

In article ,
Chris Bartram wrote:
On 01/10/2019 13:58, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 30/09/2019 15:10, Michael Chare wrote:
The wiper blade arm on my car is very hard to remove from the motor
spindle, possibly because that part of the arm is aluminium and the
spindle is steel. Would greasing the spindle be wise and would it
make much difference waht grease I used?

Use copperease/copaslip. You can also buy a puller tool to remove
them, but if you copper-grease them before refitting you'll not need
it next time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01L38BE0M/
DO NOT USE COPPER SLIP. Use molyslip

*shrug* I've read the warnings that it worsens galvanic corrosion. I've
also recently removed the wipers on a 20 year old car which were a
******* to get off 15 years ago, but came off by hand after using copper
grease that time.

Lots of theoritians on here. With rather obviously zero practical
experience.

Oh - the chances of a wiper arm being aluminium remote - except for
perhaps some exotics. The base will be pot metal.

The spindle may well be an alloy casting.

I have never had any problem with copper-slip and alloys though. Indeed,
I have used it in a number of places where I had difficulty removing an
item, but have had no difficulty there after using it.

SteveW