Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bartram[_2_] Chris Bartram[_2_] is offline

Default Car wiper blade arm hard to remove

On 01/10/2019 13:58, Chris Bartram wrote:
On 30/09/2019 15:10, Michael Chare wrote:
The wiper blade arm on my car is very hard to remove from the motor
spindle, possibly because that part of the arm is aluminium and the
spindle is steel.Â* Would greasing the spindle be wise and would it
make much difference waht grease I used?

Use copperease/copaslip. You can also buy a puller tool to remove
them, but if you copper-grease them before refitting you'll not need
it next time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01L38BE0M/

DO NOT USE COPPER SLIP. Use molyslip

*shrug* I've read the warnings that it worsens galvanic corrosion. I've
also recently removed the wipers on a 20 year old car which were a
******* to get off 15 years ago, but came off by hand after using copper
grease that time.