Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default USB power supply.

In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:
Not a ground loop either. Happens with only it plugged in.

Depending on the loads, you could be simply over loading it and it cant
regulate properly.

It would be some poor device with a large number of outlets which couldn't
supply the maximum USB can handle to only one of them

Unless by your Happens with only it plugged in comment you mean you
still hear it with, say, just your amplifier and speakers and no USB
devices. That suggests a the beast has an inherent noise problem. Price
doesnt always equate to quality in terms of noise performance BTW-
plasma TVs were very expensive but very electrically noisy.

Not quite sure what you mean. The noise comes from the combination of the
Toslink adaptor and that power supply. Even with the optical cable
unplugged. Change the PS and the noise goes.

What make is it? I find Anker ones are generally pretty good. I dont
know if they do an 8 way one but certainly a 4 way.

I'll look later.

--
*What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.