Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car wiper blade arm hard to remove

On 30/09/2019 20:55, newshound wrote:
On 30/09/2019 15:10, Michael Chare wrote:
The wiper blade arm on my car is very hard to remove from the motor
spindle, possibly because that part of the arm is aluminium and the
spindle is steel.Â* Would greasing the spindle be wise and would it
make much difference waht grease I used?

Unless it is positioned wrongly, normally the only time you have to
remove them is if you are replacing the motor (or possibly getting
access to something behind it). I'd always change blades "on the car".

But yes, penetrating oil such as Plus Gas or WD40 should help, also a
puller. Then wire brush to remove corrosion products. Petroleum jelly
AKA vaseline is a neutral and reasonably water resistant grease. You are
sure it is not held on by a nut under a flip-up cap of course?

I had to pull a pair to replace part of the linkage that failed.

--
"And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch".

Gospel of St. Mathew 15:14