Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Machine Shop niche areas

On Monday, September 30, 2019 at 5:30:43 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 9/30/2019

Â* I don't run my shop as a business , but occasionally I'll get stuff
in from local farmers . Could be anything from cleaning up an area on an
implement (PTO) drive shaft to machining/fabricating and welding in a
new gearbox mount plate on a bush hog . Your guy might want to look into
the local auto and motorcycle/ATV/personal watercraft shops . Somebody's
breakin' stuff that needs fixin' somewhere near him !

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

He is planning on contacting all the local micro breweries, but right now is busy with other work like rebuilding some right smart size gear boxes. What I think he needs is a injection molder or two. Something that can be set up and let it run all day. He did have a repair job on a Pizza oven. But he has not been paid for that as of now.

Unfortunately he does not have the luxury of not running it like a business.. He has a wife and two teenage sons. We have a 200 k$ per year goal, but we will not make it this year. I am not involved except for advice and little things like wiring up the cut off saw and the electric hoist.

Dan