Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car wiper blade arm hard to remove

In article ,
Michael Chare wrote:
The wiper blade arm on my car is very hard to remove from the motor
spindle, possibly because that part of the arm is aluminium and the
spindle is steel. Would greasing the spindle be wise and would it make
much difference waht grease I used?

They are generally on a taper. And difficult to get a straight pull with
your fingers. Try levering either side with a pair of screwdrivers.
Copper grease is generally the best thing to prevent seizing.

--
*Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.