Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default fire seal around CU cable entry

On 29/09/2019 16:59, Tricky Dicky wrote:

You still have an IP rating to meet

I am not questioning your reply Adam but if the OP installed the CU in 2006 surely it would have conformed to the IP ratings at the time? The OP stated that he has completed the installation by converting to all RCBOs by doing so is he obliged to update to an additional standard? As he has not changed the actual CU I would have thought the standards of the day would still apply even if they do not meet current standards. The only obligation I can see he may have is that if he has removed cables resulting in open entry points that they may need blocking but his post does not make that clear.

The OP did state this is an installation "that I am just finishing".

And I have no problem with someone finishing now an installation started
in 2006.

--
Robin