Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Leon Fisk[_2_] Leon Fisk[_2_] is offline

Default It's the solenoid

On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 11:23:57 -0500
Terry Coombs wrote:

I'll lose probably about 10% on gas mileage and I think that plug also
powers the backup lights . I could care less about the lights , but this
thing gets lousy enough mileage when it all works right .

When I was fooling with my own years ago... it wasn't plugged in from
the factory and didn't work for the first 3000 miles or so. I figured it
out when I got the service manual and looked up what that loose cable
connection was for

The mechanics I talked with thought it might run hotter unplugged. More
heat generated with the torque converter slipping when the clutch
isn't engaged. That tranny was quite a new design then, a lot more is
known about them nowadays...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI