Posted to alt.home.repair
Davej Davej is offline

Default HVAC duty cycle?

On Saturday, September 28, 2019 at 3:01:26 PM UTC-5, Home Guy wrote:

My AC can run continuously if the outside temp is 72 and my interior set
point is 70 but the outset humidity is 65% and I want my house humidity
to be 40%. In that situation my interior temp might be 71 and the air
blowing out of the outside condensor unit is luke warm.
[...]
I'd say that half the time (from May through to end of September) I use
my AC to lower the humidity in my house vs bring the house air
temperature down. [...]

I don't understand. Are you saying your system has a humidity dial on
the wall thermostat in addition to a temperature dial?