Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default fire seal around CU cable entry

On 28/09/2019 15:13, sm_jamieson wrote:
I have a plastic CU (installation according to regs in 2006 when plans were passed !), that I am just finishing - having changed to all RCBOs, etc.

Well if I did another CU I'd try to have cable entry in the back or bottom, but where it is that would be difficult anyway.

So I need to seal the cable entries at the top, which are cables going into square cutouts with a lot of gaps.

The best price for a smallish amount of intmescent putty I found is here (it seems to generally be quite expensive):
https://www.fireprotectionshop.co.uk...tty-310ml.html

I also thought of using intumenscent sealant and letting it dry a bit and using as a putty if that would work, i.e.
https://www.toolstation.com/fire-mat...t-310ml/p58145

I also thought of some type on intumescent foam that could be pushed in to all the gaps but I did not find anything suitable.

Any ideas ?
How is this usually done ?

Thanks,
Simon.