Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jeff Urban Jeff Urban is offline

Default Thermal Faults

Whatever they all say this is the deal. First of all things that pop up when cold might be connections, if when hot they are almost always component failure.

You have to thermally cycle it several times, so go over your Grandma's place a steal an endtable. Take the case off and get a towel. Fire it up and maybe take some voltages. Cover with towel. Then when it fails take those voltages again.

Then find out where any missing voltages come from. Always remember, 70% of the time or more it only has one problem. I used to say almost all the time but that is no longer true. And things blow each other, but there is one ROOT cause of the problem.

If you can't find a case history on it you are just going to have to do it, all there is to it.

You can try Repairworld if they are still around for $11 a month. Just one month isn't going to break the bank I hope but they might not have anything on it.

Other than that, just troubleshot. Got a print ? Maybe we can look at ? I don't even know what the **** this thing is. It could be an ICBM or a toaster fr as I know.