Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy[_4_] Home Guy[_4_] is offline

Default Engine housing question

Kathy Overman wrote:

I purchased a Craftsman 919.762500 pressure washer. I am going to try to get
it running, but there is something I need to identify before I start. Between
the pump and the motor there is a small hole in the top of the housing. I have
no idea what it is for. Can anyone provide any information? The image is taken
looking down.

https://www.homeownershub.com/img/j1

I see 2 holes in that picture. A small one to the left of the center of
the picture, and a larger one to the right of center (closer to the
cooling fins).

I'm thinking you mean the larger hole.

Is either hole tapped (do they have threads) ?

The space behind the larger hole just looks to be where the drive shaft
is exiting the motor and entering the pump and I wouldn't think it's
used for anything.