Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default How do you say you don't want a smart meter, just an ordinaryone?

On 27/09/2019 15:54, Peter Johnson wrote:
On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 13:51:24 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

My supplier says my (electricity only) meter's certification has
expired so I need a new meter. All the forms and ways of telling them
when to come say 'book your smart meter installation'. Should there
also be a way of getting a non-smart meter? ... or should I just tell
them there's no mobile phone coverage where we live?

Mobile signal doesn't make any difference. It'd just work as a dumb
meter, like my ex-Ovo meter does.

Modern smart meters can use their own dedicated radio network(2) that is
nothing to do with the mobile network, and does not require access to
the customers internet either.

--
Cheers,

John.