Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Terrell Michael Terrell is offline

Default Help me to identify a transformer.

On Friday, September 27, 2019 at 1:48:15 PM UTC-4, Bo-Lennart wrote:
Hi all out there.
I found a transformer in my basement. I don't know if its a audio-output transformer or just a power transformer.
On top it's stamped "GALVIN MANUFACTURING CORPORATION",
and a model #: "25B31296-E" and a serial# ( ???? ) "138226"
At bottom there is 8 solder lugs, stamped: "1 to 8".
And at one side is 8 screw connector, labeled as "3A 12 11 2B 2A 10 1A 9".

To me it looks more like a tube output transformator, more than a power transformer.
It seems to be from the 1940 or somewhere around there.

Anyone know what it is, and have some kind of "schematic" of the transformer.

Many thanks in advance

25B31296-E is typical of Motorola part numbering.

It crosses to a NSN part which is a 120VAC 60Hz input power transformer:

https://nationalstocknumber.org/nsn/5950-00-648-0400

NSN are inventory numbers for items bought by the government.