Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drill hole in tiled MDF

On 27/09/19 17:32, wrote:
On Friday, 27 September 2019 12:46:19 UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 26/09/2019 14:59, GB wrote:

I've ordered one of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VSZ1F...740111_TE_item

For under £2 it's worth a go. As long as it does this one hole, that's
good enough.

That seems too good to be true to me. I've tried a few cheap diamond
tools (e.g. Dremel sized cutting disks) and usually been disappointed.

it might have a single piece of microscopic diamond grit on it. If you're lucky it hasn't fallen off already. Use the TCT version, diamond is pointless at best.

Decent diamond-coated tools are not cheap, and work well provided you
don't push them too much and get them too hot. TCT is ok for most
things, but will be at its limit with vitrified porcelain tiles (I don't
think that the OP has stated what the tile material is).
https://www.protrade.co.uk/blog/how-to-drill-porcelain-tiles/
https://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-diamond-tile-drill-bit-6-x-67mm/51908

--

Jeff