Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default How do you say you don't want a smart meter, just an ordinaryone?

On 27/09/2019 13:51, Chris Green wrote:
My supplier says my (electricity only) meter's certification has
expired so I need a new meter. All the forms and ways of telling them
when to come say 'book your smart meter installation'. Should there
also be a way of getting a non-smart meter? ... or should I just tell
them there's no mobile phone coverage where we live?

Just tell them you are exercising your right* to choose not to have a
non-smart meter - preferably also in writing (eg email or web from). If
anyone from your supplier tells you they are mandatory ask them to
confirm their name as you will be making a formal complaint to them and
also reporting the lie to to Ofgem.

see eg
https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/consumer-guide-understanding-energy-meters-ofgem/smart-meters-guide-your-rights

--