Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plaster crack

On 27/09/2019 17:41, AnthonyL wrote:
On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 08:03:09 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Thursday, 26 September 2019 12:27:28 UTC+1, AnthonyL wrote:

Two foot long, about 1" strip next to pvc door. Tap it and it's got
that hollow sound.

Any easy fixes?

Fill it with filler or plaster. I'm assuming it's 1" wide because plaster fell out, not because the wall needs rebuilding. Hollow sounding bits can be done at the same time, but not if well held in place - that happens sometimes.

No the crack is not 1" wide, the dimensions I gave are of the cracked
section. The crack is a fine crack.

OK, waht has happened is they were lazy plasterboarding it and didnt
tape up a sliver of plasterboard. Is this a stud wall or block?

To do a pukka job you probably want to remove it, fit it properly and
redecorate.

--
€œI know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the
greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most

ۥ Leo Tolstoy