Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plaster crack

On Friday, 27 September 2019 17:41:02 UTC+1, AnthonyL wrote:
On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 08:03:09 -0700 (PDT), tabbypurr wrote:
On Thursday, 26 September 2019 12:27:28 UTC+1, AnthonyL wrote:

Two foot long, about 1" strip next to pvc door. Tap it and it's got
that hollow sound.

Any easy fixes?

Fill it with filler or plaster. I'm assuming it's 1" wide because plaster fell out, not because the wall needs rebuilding. Hollow sounding bits can be done at the same time, but not if well held in place - that happens sometimes.

No the crack is not 1" wide, the dimensions I gave are of the cracked
section. The crack is a fine crack.

then wipe it with a finger with a little filler on. It's all in the wiki.

NT