Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How do you say you don't want a smart meter, just an ordinaryone?

On 27/09/2019 13:51, Chris Green wrote:
My supplier says my (electricity only) meter's certification has
expired so I need a new meter. All the forms and ways of telling them
when to come say 'book your smart meter installation'. Should there
also be a way of getting a non-smart meter? ... or should I just tell
them there's no mobile phone coverage where we live?

When OVO wanted to replace both our gas and electricity meters with
smart ones, they pointed me to a webpage to arrange a convenient
appointment time. It was not very obvious, but there was a link on that
page to turn down having a smart meter and it gave a phone number, which
was the only immediate way they gave to stop it.

SteveW