Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y
Grik-busturd®™[_2_] Grik-busturd®™[_2_] is offline

Default Supreme Court

On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 01:07:31 +0100, Jon The Todal, a notorious semite
and former shyster wrote:

On 26/09/2019 20:20, Norman Wells wrote:
On 26/09/2019 19:17, dennis@home wrote:
On 26/09/2019 17:45, Norman Wells wrote:
In article ,
*** The Natural Philosopher wrote:

It is extraordinary how you imagine all sorts of scenarios excecpt the
most obvious one.
The supreme court is 100% hard line remain, set up by Tony Bliar to
stop
te lords interfering with EU treåty signing and they looked for any
way
they could make a case that Boris acted unlawfully and have made an
complete mess of it as a result, and Cox was right, and they were
biased
and wrong?

Are you saying those 11 judges were all hand picked remain supporters?
Willing to subvert their duty to their political views?

They're hand-picked from the legal establishment, which makes them
almost certainly Remain supporters.* I think that much is beyond
question.

In judicial terms, they're given absolute power, and we all know what
that can do.* They're not answerable to anyone, so can say what they
like, decide what they like, and can't be hauled over the coals for
it. Moreover, since the matters that reach their elevated levels will
be finely balanced in any case, they can reach whatever judgement
suits them, and will be able to justify it in writing very convincingly.

So, do they decide as totally impartial angels and not as mere
mortals, or might they be tempted to go with their own prejudices?
Who knows? Who can say?

So why do brexiteers claim they aren't impartial if they can't know?
More propaganda to try and support their cause.

Because the decisions they reach point in that direction.

On something as finely balanced as the latest case, when no-one knew
with any certainty which way they'd decide, it's pretty indicative that
all 11 came could have come to exactly the same conclusion on the facts.

Try tossing a coin 11 times, and see if you get 11 heads.

The probability of that is just 6 times in 1000 eleven coin tosses.

Getting it first time indicates some sort of bias or shenanigans.

You aren't likely to sit through as many court cases as I have

Don't tell me...juvenile court with three magistrates!