Posted to alt.home.repair
% % is offline

Default electricity bill doubled

On 2019-09-26 6:06 p.m., Oumati Asami wrote:
My electricity bill has been climbing up in recent months, up by 20%, to
40% and now doubled. There have been no appliance change and I didn't
turn on A/C. So, it's quite puzzling as to why the electricity bill has
doubled.

I can think of two things: 1. meter malfunctioning or 2. appliance
malfunctioning. Before I tackle the meter malfunctioning, I'd like to
know if appliance is at fault. I don't see any appliance running
non-stop. Could appliance somehow increase its electricity usage? How?

I have an electric water heater, one full-size and two half-size
fridges, electric cook top, ceiling fans, a swimming pool pump, a small
oven, plus lights. That's all.

I have GFCI. So, current leaking into ground is not a problem.

nights get longer lights on longer