Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default wires are metal ...

On 9/26/2019 7:36 AM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 23:37:16 -0400
Clare Snyder wrote:

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 10:03:32 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Sep 2019 07:58:47 -0500
Terry Coombs wrote:

huge snip

[...]
Went and found a manual for same or similar online (64mb):

http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com/tech...ice_Manual.pdf

It seems that the fuse for the radio may also do a few other things:

Idle Stop Solenoid, Aux. Battery, Radio, Time Delay Relay, Emission
Control Solenoid, Transmission Downshift (M40) ..... 15 amp

This is from page 1331 in the manual mentioned above. Maybe it will
make more sense to Snag...

ANd the tranny WAS just changed - I'd definitely be looking at
downshift wire - - -

Maybe, the M40 is the THM400 transmission. Those trucks also used the
700R4 and THM350 which wouldn't apply then. If he does have the M40
then he could check it by turning on the key and depressing the
gas pedal to the floor. See if it blows a good fuse. There was a
procedure for checking the downshift function in that manual...

Â* This truck has a 700R4 ... I'll be pulling that fuse block tomorrow
to see what's also hooked to that fuse - I'll also be checking those
diagrams that Leon posted the links to . Lots of good leads from y'all ,
I've been to Memphis to take the grandson home from his 2 week visit .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old