Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Plaster crack

Yes when we had the back door replaced the whole of that corner fell to bits
and needed to be redone from the brick. I'm useless at it so got a many in!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
Easy - NO!

Straightforward yes, chip out loose material if that includes the plaster
undercoat take back to brick. PVA the brick. Fill with bonding plaster or if
you can plaster OK then use one coat plaster smoothing to a finish
alternately apply finish plaster to bonding coat. If you are not confident
with finish plaster use my favourite filler namely drywall filler. You
should be able to smooth it out well but if you do not it will sand down a
dream.

Richard