Posted to uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y
Norman Wells[_5_] Norman Wells[_5_] is offline

Default Supreme Court

On 26/09/2019 15:51, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Norman Wells
writes

Future cases will have to be considered bearing in mind the Supreme
Court judgement, but when Boris did what he did, there was no
precedent, and no apparent unlawfulness.

Have you ever thought of becoming a Supreme Court judge? Or don't you
have the Latin for The Judging?

I don't think it's open to all and sundry, or even to me. You have to
be appointed under a secretive sort of establishment procedure by the
Queen on the advice of the Prime Minister, who receives recommendations
from a selection commission, and you have to have held high judicial
office (judge of the Supreme Court, English High Court or Court of
Appeal, Northern Irish High Court or Court of Appeal, or Scottish Court
of Session) for at least two years, or have held rights of audience at
the higher courts of England, Scotland or Northern Ireland for at least
fifteen years.

Personally, I can't be arsed going through all that just to become one.