Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc
Norman Wells[_5_] Norman Wells[_5_] is offline

Default Supreme Court

On 26/09/2019 15:59, Stephen Cole wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:
In article ,
Norman Wells wrote:
That was never going to be a matter for the electorate. The electorate
gave the steer, and it was simply to leave the EU. We were all told
*the government* will implement what we decided, presumably on the basis
of the best deal it could achieve. It was never expected that the
public would know enough about all the details to make an informed
decision on the deal itself, nor was that promised.

Perhaps you'd remind us of what the leave campaign 'promised'?

BTW, the government can implement very little. It is the HoC at the end of
the day which does.

What matters is what we were promised about the outcome of the
Referendum - the result would be honoured.

All three parties agreed to that before and after.

Politicians promise all manner of things that they dont follow through on,
OM, such as the Dementia Tax, for example. What matters, though, is the law
and the law says the referendum result is merely advisory. HTH.

Do please quote the bit of the EU Referendum Act that says that.