Posted to uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default Supreme Court

In article ,
Spike wrote:
On 25/09/2019 16:16, Spike wrote:
On 25/09/2019 08:55, Tim Streater wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 25/09/2019 08:14, Tim Streater wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote:

We have already seen he will use illegal prorogue to try and stifle
debate and he will use an election to do the same.

Not illegal as it broke no law.

I'm certain that the BBC's R4 female interviewer of Jeremy Corbyn used
the term 'illegal' to describe the PM's prorogation, ...

Yes? And your point is *what*, precisely?

Apart from what could be sloppy preparation on someone's part, use of
the correct but mild term 'unlawful' seems to have been abandoned in
favour of the wrong but more pejorative term 'illegal'. Not that the BBC
could be accused of engaging in perception management against the
government, of course.

And still it continues...

Advertising an R4 programme this evening the term 'illegal' was again
used to describe the prorogation. Why do the BBC keep doing this?

Perhaps they just use the accepted meaning?

Collins GEM Thesaurus
unlawful banned, criminal, forbidden, illegal, illicit, outlawed,
prohibited

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.