Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk[_2_] Leon Fisk[_2_] is offline

Default wires are metal ...

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 16:12:43 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
I use TP4000ZCs to datalog slowly changing voltages, temperatures and
currents on a laptop.
https://www.amazon.com/Tekpower-TP40.../dp/B000OPDFLM

The data outputs are optically isolated so the meters commons won't
short different voltages together. The TP4000ZC takes primary or
rechargeable AA cells and the laptop can operate at a remote site from
a jumpstarter battery and inverter or auto-air adapter. The older,
thicker laptops I use have PC Card and ExpressCard slots that take
extra COM or USB port expanders.

The setup is clumsier and slower than a good industrial datalogger but
much cheaper, and has the laptop's user interface and huge storage
capacity and the versatility of all the meters' input ranges.

Most every time you post a link to something like that I go have a
look-see

I think my Fluke 87 cost around $325 in the early 90's. I'll bet the
two meters would swap back and forth between their rubber armor
seamlessly...

I bought several used DVM's last winter than need some love. A B&K 2810
for parts or repair. I fried my 2810 around last December doing
something really stupid and I miss it. Also a Fluke 37 which looks like
an early 87 series functionally and a Fluke 8010A which I think needs
some serious switch cleaning/repair. Maybe I'll get the urge to fix
them this season ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI