Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,uk.d-i-y
Norman Wells[_5_] Norman Wells[_5_] is offline

Default Supreme Court

On 26/09/2019 10:50, Incubus wrote:

Check the opinion polls. There has been a dramatic surge of support for the
Conservatives since he became PM and his prorogation of Parliament hasn't
harmed his support one bit. By the very nature of current circumstances, any
increase in support will have a polarising effect which no doubt explains your
low opinion of him. Nevertheless, the worst thing they could do would be to
rid themselves of him. He is well placed to prevent The Brexit Party from
splitting the Conservative vote.

As things currently stand, any election is going to be between the Conservative
Party and the Liberal Democrats. Labour has made sure of that.

It won't be a two-horse race, I think that much is certain. It will be
between the Conservatives and Brexit on one side versus Labour, the
LibDems, the Greens and the SNP on the other. There seems no
possibility of any agreement between the Remain parties to avoid
splitting the Remain vote, and that only benefits the Conservatives and
Brexit. They may split each other's Leave vote, but it depends on when
the election finally comes, and on what the situation is then with
regard to Brexit.

If we leave the EU without a deal at the end of October, Boris will
hoover up all the Leave votes, and would waltz any subsequent election.